March 17, 2010
- WHERE BUILDING PERMITS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED
- Building Permits will not be required where the repair work only includes cosmetic work such as roof shingle repair or replacement, flashing repair or replacement, siding or brick and masonry veneer repair and replacement, gutter repair and replacements, window repair or replacement and any other exterior or interior non-structural repairs (repair or replace plaster or gypsum board walls and ceiling, bathroom tiles, etc.)
- WHERE BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED
- All repairs that require structural work including the repair or replacement of the following require Building Permits to be filed:
- roof rafters
- roof ridge beams
- structural window headers
- interior doorway headers
- ceiling and floor beams
- main girders
- exterior wall framing
- interior bearing walls
- foundation walls
- retaining walls
- accessory structures such as detached garages and sheds
- All Building Permit Drawings and Building, Electrical, & Plumbing Permit Applications should be marked as “STORM DAMAGE REPAIRS”
- WHERE ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED:
- Where electrical or plumbing work is required, the work must be performed by a Westchester County Licensed Electrician and Plumber. Electrical and Plumbing Permits must be filed with the Building Department.
- In the event that the interior was damaged by water or the basement or cellar was flooded and the wiring, receptacles, switches or panels were compromised, a Westchester County Licensed Electrician should be contacted to inspect, evaluate and make the necessary repairs. An Electrical Permit must be filed with the Building Department.
- PROCESSING OF BUILDING, ELECTRICAL, & PLUMBING PERMITS:
- The processing of all storm related Building, Electrical, & Plumbing Permits will take PRIORITY and Building Department & Engineering Department Staffs will make every effort to EXPEDITE the issuance of these Permits.
- In an effort to expedite the processing and issuance of the Building Permit, the homeowners should have their design professionals (NYS Registered Architect or NYS Professional Engineer) contact the Building Department at 722-1140 or 722-1143 in order to obtain the appropriate information required to prepare the Building Permit Drawings and Applications. This is recommended so that only the information required is filed so as to expedite the issuance of the Building Permits.
Nunzio Pietrosanti, P.E.
Village Engineer/Building Inspector