The following is required to obtain a marriage license in the Village of Scarsdale:
- Must be a resident of the Village of Scarsdale.
- Proof of Age and Identity - A person is required to establish proof of age and identity by submitting to the issuing clerk one of the following age related documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Record
- Naturalization Record
- Census Record
- And one of the following identity related documents:
- Driver's License
- Employment picture ID
- Immigration record
- If either applicant is under 17 years of age, a marriage license cannot be issued.
- If either applicant is 17 years of age, such applicant(s) must present the written consent of both parents and a justice of the Supreme Court or a judge of the Family Court having jurisdiction over the Town or City in which the application is made.
- If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no consents are required.
- $40 in cash or check.
- Divorce papers if you were divorced.
- Be sure to have a copy of the death certificate handy if a previous spouse is deceased.
You must call the Clerk's office (914-722-1175) to make an appointment to obtain a marriage license. Be aware that a marriage license is not valid for 24 hours after it is issued and will expire 60 days thereafter. Remember that both parties must be present - they are signing an affidavit.
There are no blood test requirements in New York State.
The following is required to obtain a certified copy of your marriage license or a transcript of your marriage in the Village of Scarsdale:
- Verify that you received your marriage license at the Village of Scarsdale. Please not that being a resident of Scarsdale or having a wedding ceremony in Scarsdale does not ensure that a record of your marriage is on file at Village Hall.
- A completed Application for a Copy of Marriage Record
- Proof of Age and Identity
- Cash or a check payable to the Town/Village of Scarsdale. Please keep in mind that we do not accept credit cards and that each certified copy is $10.00.
- If you are mailing your request, please enclose a check and copy of your photo ID with the mailed application to the Town/Village Clerk's Office at Village Hall, 1001 Post Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583.
The time periods are waived for direct-line descendants. A direct line descendant is a person in the direct line of descent, i.e., the child, grandchild, great grandchild of the person whose record is requested. The direct-line descendant applicant must provide the following:
- Proof of their relationship to the person whose record they are requesting.
- Proof of the death of the person whose birth certificate they are requesting.
- Proof of the death of both spouses whose marriage certificate they are requesting.