Board of Architectural Review
Mon Jun. 3
Mon Jun. 17
Mon Jul. 15
Mon Jul. 29
Mon Aug. 12
Mon Sep. 9
- The BAR meets twice per month
- Please be advised that either the applicant or architect or engineer, etc. must be present at the meeting.
- The BAR meetings are limited to 20 applications per meeting on a first come first serve basis
- The cut off date to submit applications for the BAR is generally two weeks before the meeting date. View the particular meeting date calendar item for any deviations from the two week cut off.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available ten days prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Members of the Board of Architectural Review (BAR) are appointed by the Board of Trustees to serve 3-year terms. The Chair of the Board of Architectural Review is appointed to serve a 1-year term. Current members of the Board of Architectural Review are:
- Jamie Kayam, Chair
- Sharon Blaustein
- Sabine Bochner
- Mera Faddoul
- Daniel Finger
- Jessica Kourakos
- Ann Rose Simon
- Sigal Hurvitz Bin, Alternate
- Lisa Roman Ephrat, Alternate
Responsibilities & Duties
The mission of the Board of Architectural Review is to preserve and promote the character and appearance of buildings within the Village of Scarsdale.
The Board of Architectural Review meets twice per month to consider applications for exterior alteration of existing buildings, exterior appearance of new buildings, signage and some fencing and impose design conditions to ensure that buildings are designed in harmony with the neighboring community.