- Boards, Councils & Committees
- Board of Architectural Review
Board of Architectural Review
Responsibilities & Duties
The mission of the Board of Architectural Review is to preserve and promote the character and appearance of buildings within the Village of Scarsdale.
The Board of Architectural Review meets every two to three weeks to consider applications for exterior alteration of existing buildings, exterior appearance of new buildings, signage and some fencing as well as impose design conditions to ensure that buildings are designed in harmony with the neighboring community.
PRE-SWEC for BAR APPLICATIONS
All projects requiring Storm Water permits along with BAR approval, must FIRST APPLY & RECEIVE APPROVAL from Engineering Dept, prior to going to the BAR Meeting. Submit the approval email from Engineering along with the BAR application and full sized plans. SWEC Memo
Mon Mar. 27
Mon Apr. 17
Mon May 1
Mon May 15
Mon Jun. 5
Mon Jun. 26
Mon Jul. 10
Mon Jul. 31
Mon Aug. 14
- The BAR meets about twice per month
- Please be advised that either the applicant, architect or engineer, etc. must be present at the meeting to present the application.
- The BAR meetings are limited to 18 applications per meeting on a first come first serve basis
- The submission deadline is the prior meeting date, unless the 18 maximum has been reached. Then, your application will be for the following meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available ten days prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Members of the Board of Architectural Review (BAR) are appointed by the Board of Trustees to serve 3-year terms. The Chair of the Board of Architectural Review is appointed to serve a 1-year term. Members of the Board of Architectural Review should have a professional background in architecture, real estate, engineering, landscape architecture, or building construction.
The current Membership List is available online.