Advisory Council on Communications
Informing and Engaging Scarsdale Residents through Enhanced CommunicationsThe Advisory Council on Communications supports successful launch of the Village’s new website, a communications platform providing residents with 24/7 information access and opportunities for engagement in local government affairs, and will present written recommendations to the Village Board for strengthening the Village's communication strategies and cultivating engagement opportunities with the diversity of audiences it serves. The Council serves in an advisory capacity to the Village Board of Trustees. The Council's charge is as follows:
- Review new website content, functionality, and user-friendliness, making suggestions for enhancements;
- Develop a plan to gain community usage, seeking widespread adoption. As ambassadors for the new communications platform, engage with community groups to both increase awareness and usage of the website, and to introduce website functionality; and
- Drawing on expertise and best practices, provide strategies to improve Village communications. Prepare written recommendations to the Village Board identifying important community segments or audiences, linking appropriate communication methods and channels to identified segments, and suggesting prioritization of associated programmatic and investment needs within the context of existing fiscal constraints.
Also, check out the video created by our team, which introduces new users to the Village website:
In addition, please visit the Use Scarsdale.com page to learn about the web-based tools available to you.
Actions, Reports & Resolutions of the Advisory Council on Communications
- Resolution Establishing the Ad Hoc Communications Committee (PDF)
- Ad-Hoc Communications Committee Presentation to COW 10.10.17
- Ad-Hoc Communications Committee Complete Report 10.10.17
- Advisory Council on Communications Establishment and Amended Constitution (PDF)
- ACC 2019-20 Work Plan 09.05.19 (PDF)
- ACC 2019-20 Work Plan - Presentation, 09.05.19 (PDF)
- ACC 2020-21 Work Plan (PDF)