INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING A TAXI DRIVER’S LICENSE
- Applicant must have a Class E (Class 4) Driver’s License.
- Fill out application; have two (2) people vouch for you.
- Application must be signed by Notary Public.
- Obtain three (3) photos (passport size) and attach to application.
- Call 1(877) 472-6915 to set up an appointment for fingerprinting. Use the following identification number (NY 0591000) when making the appointment.
- The completed application and photos are to be brought to Scarsdale Police Department at Post & Fenimore Roads for approval
- If approved, the driving record and the application will be forwarded to the Village Manager’s Office.
- The application will be returned to the Village Clerk’s office after the Village Manager has approved it. The applicant will be notified if the applicant is not approved.
- The fee for an ORIGINAL license is $50.00
- The fee for a RENEWAL license is $45.00
- The fee for a BADGE is $25.00
New Taxi Driver Application
Taxi Driver Renewal Application
NOTE: If the applicant is obtaining an ORIGINAL license, a driver’s test must be given by a Police Officer from the Scarsdale Police Department. A RENEWAL license application is only one page. It does not require a notary, but it must be filled out completely.