The Village/Town Clerk's office provides uncertified copies of the following types of records for genealogy research purposes:
- Birth certificates - if on file for at least 75 years and the person whose name is on the birth certificate is known to be deceased.
- Death certificates - if on file for at least 50 years.
- Marriage certificates - if on file for at least 50 years and both spouses are known to be deceased.
The time periods are waived for direct-line descendants. A direct line descendant is a person in the direct line of descent, i.e., the child, grandchild, great grandchild of the person whose record is requested. The direct-line descendant applicant must provide the following:
- Proof of their relationship to the person whose record they are requesting.
- Proof of the death of the person whose birth certificate they are requesting.
- Proof of the death of both spouses whose marriage certificate they are requesting.