Marriage Licenses & Wedding Ceremonies
The following is required to obtain a marriage license in the Town of Scarsdale:
- Must be a resident of the Town of Scarsdale.
- Proof of Age and Identity - A person is required to establish proof of age and identity by submitting to the issuing clerk a certified copy or originalof one of the following age-related documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Naturalization Record
- And one of the following identity related documents:
- Driver's License
- Employment picture ID
- Immigration Record
- $40.00 in cash or check payable to the Town of Scarsdale
- Divorce papers if you have been divorced
- A copy of the death certificate if a previous spouse is deceased
Please keep in mind that all foreign language documents must be orignal certified copies accompanied by certified English translations. Acceptable translations are those produced by reputable organizations such as consulates, embassies, universities, etc. The translation must be signed by the translator, include the translator's title or positions, a statement about his or her familiarity with the language and dated.
You must call the Clerk's Office at (914) 722-1175 to make an appointment to obtain a marriage license. Be aware that a marriage license is not valid for 24 hours after it is issued and will expire 60 days thereafter. Remember that both parties must be present - they are signing an affidavit.
There is no blood test requirement in New York State.
If either applicant is under 17 years of age, a marriage license cannot be issued.
If either applicant is 17 years of age, such applicant(s) must present the written consent of both parents and a justice of the Supreme Court or a judge of the Family Court having jurisdiction over the Town of City in which the application is made.
If both applicants are 18 years or age or older, no consents are required.
To request a wedding ceremony at Village Hall or the Scarsdale Public Library, please call the Clerk's Office at (914) 722-1175 or email at email@example.com.
Please follow these guidelines :
- Please appear at Village Hall or the Library Grounds at least 15 minutes before your ceremony is scheduled
- Remember to bring your marriage license to the ceremony
- There is a site fee f $100 to have your ceremony at Village Hall or the Library Grounds. Cash or check payable to the Town of Scarsdale, which can be given to the officiant at the time of the ceremony. There MAY be an additional fee for the officiant.
- If you wish to have Village Staff stand in as witness(es), please inform the Town Clerk at least 24 hours in advance.