General Election: November 03, 2020
- Absentee Ballots -
Obtaining an Absentee Ballot Application
The PDF version of the 2020 General Election Absentee Ballot Application, which must be completed and returned to the Westchester County Board of Elections, is available from the links below:
General Election Absentee Ballot Application (PDF)
General Election Absentee Ballot Application (PDF - Spanish)
Other methods, including pick-up at the Westchester County Board of Elections are also available.
Deadlines for Applying for an Absentee Ballot
* You must apply online, postmark, e-mail, or fax a completed application or letter request for the General Election Absentee ballot no later than seven days, Oct. 27, 2020, before the election.
* You may apply in-person up to the day before the election, Nov. 2, 2020.
* Please be aware that despite the above deadlines the post office has advised that they cannot guarantee timely delivery of ballots applied for less than 15 days before an election.
Returning your Absentee Ballot (Not the Application, but the actual Ballot)
1. Put it in the mail, ensuring that it receives a postmark no later than Tues., Nov. 3.
2. Bring it to the Westchester County Board of Elections’ Office no later than Tues., Nov. 3.
3. Bringing it to an early voting poll site between Sat., October 24 through Sun., Nov. 1.
4. Bringing it to a poll site on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
Also, please review the important Westchester County information Absentee Ballots about Absentee Ballot Drop-Off, which may feature secured bags rather than a more traditional drop-off box.
- Early Voting -
Early Voting information, including dates, locations, and more is available from the Westchester County Board of Elections website.
- Polling Places -
The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Polling Locations for Scarsdale Village residents are as follows:
1, 2, 19
Fox Meadow School
5, 11, 12
Scarsdale High School
8, 9, 10
13, 14, 17, 18
Quaker Ridge School
NOTE: Neither Village Hall nor the Crossway Firehouse are polling locations this year.
- Poll Workers Needed -
Westchester County is in need of election inspectors willing to work at various polling sites on Election Day. We are especially in need of poll inspectors who are proficient in both English and Spanish.
Election inspectors receive $350 for working on Election Day, plus $25 to attend a training class and pass an exam.
To qualify, one must:
- Be a registered voter
- Be a resident of Westchester County
If you are interested in becoming an election inspector, contact the Westchester County Board of Elections by phone at (914) 995-8568 or (914) 995-8563.
You may also complete the Poll Worker Application form and submit it to the BOE either by e-mail or mail.