Who repairs curb stones?
Throughout the Village there is a variety of curbing types. These range from a simple asphalt "hip" to granite curbing. The Village standard for curbing in residential neighborhoods is sixteen inch Westchester granite laid with open joints. Based on available budget appropriations the Village will install curbing for drainage control protection of road surface and right-of-way. New curbing is usually installed at the expense of the fronting property owner in accordance with the Village standard for aesthetic purposes only. Once acceptable curbing is installed, it will be maintained by the Village. Existing granite curbing is usually raised when the street is repaved if the amount of curb face available for drainage control is reduced to a point that the curbs drainage control function is seriously reduced. On occasion when drainage requirements justify it, the Village will install an asphalt "hip" along private property to protect it from erosion.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Village policy with regard to shade tree maintenance?
2. What should I do in case of a sewage backup?
3. Can I remove trees on my private property?
4. Who repairs curb stones?
5. How do I know where my property begins?